… titiyakin ko na pawang mga katotohanan lamang ang lalamanin nito. Dahil we owe it to the next generation to tell them the TRUTH — about life, other people, their government, their community, their family.
Shempre we can sugar-coat the truth a bit to make it a little more palatable (read: less terrifying) to their young minds; but it is the truth, nevertheless.
Such truth as:
- There is no magic wand, or magic carpet, or fairy god-mother… who will erase your misfortunes and whisk you off to Never-Neverland. Lahat ay pinaghihirapan. Kahit sa pagtaya sa Lotto, pipila ka ng katakut-takot!
- There is no Prince Charming… Prince Charing pa siguro, meron. Wala ring Cinderella. Puro mga feeling-Cinderella lang.
- “BFF” can sometimes mean “bitchy f@%king friends”
- Kids, no matter how young, and even if they don’t really mean it, can be very mean sometimes.
- Many adults, especially those wielding secular and religious powers, often prefer that young people don’t think for themselves.
- No one is entirely good all the time; neither is one entirely evil. Most people are in the middle, struggling to be good, but being forced by circumstances to be evil.
- Promises are not meant to be broken, but they usually are. Kaya hinay-hinay lang sa pangangako.
- Ang mga magulang, ginagabayan din dapat minsan ng mga anak nila.
- Lies are oftentimes passed off as the truth.
- People sometimes prefer convenient lies over brutal truths.