Kaka-2nd birthday lang ng bunso kong anak a few days ago. Coming as I did from a family that wasn’t too hot with holding birthday parties (or any party for that matter… X-mas parties excluded, shemps), the missus and I decided on a simple celebratory affair: go to the mall to cool off, give the birthday boy a new haircut, allow the kids to play at timezone, and have lunch together.
Maliban sa birthday-haircut plan (nagwala si bebehboi… di yata type yung manggugupit. hehehe), maayos namang natuloy yung ibang activities.
Kaso, after nakauwi na kami… after settled-in na ulit ang mag-kapatid sa bahay (read: nagbabangayan as usual)… napa-isip ako: ano ba ang birthday wish ko sa aking bunso?
A mix of “the usuals” and “medyo kakaiba” na wishes, apparently.
- To have a healthy life.
- To have a reasonably happy life.
- To always get along nicely with his Ate.
- To have a good education.
- To be intelligent.
- To live in a relatively safe and just society.
- To be “green” minded (read: environmentalist).
- To be considered by other people as a “good person”
- To have true friends (kahit konti lang sila).
- To be humble.
- To be responsible.
- To be able to contribute to the improvement of his community, society, the country and the world.
- To have a wonderful family.
- To have a long AND productive life.
- To have a great sense of humor.
- To always learn from his mistakes.
- To not be “sheep.”
- To not be too pressured by the expectations of his parents 🙂
Happy Birthday, Anak! 2 down… 98 to go! 🙂