Think about it.
- young girls, some only children, raped and killed by neighbors, close relatives, even by their own fathers or brothers
- businessmen abducted, killed and their bodies burned
- a woman killed by her husband and whose body is encased in cement and thrown into a lake
- warlords massacring rival clans and anyone unlucky enough to get caught in the middle
- “chop-chop” victims dumped everywhere like yesterday’s garbage
- media practitioners assassinated
- aborted fetuses flushed down toilets
- local officials gunned down by hired killers…
WE have all that and more… BUT we don’t have the Death Penalty.
Well, we used to… but certain powerful sectors in our society deemed it INHUMAN and voted it away (killed it, actually. Ironic, no?)
Does that make us a Humane society?
A society IN DENIAL, more like 😦