Every one wants to be an optimist. ‘Nyeta, one HAS TO BE AN OPTIMIST to want to remain in this country. Either that or have an incredibly weird sense of humor. But some things really do make it difficult for me to remain cheery and positive. And I expect things to get worse before they begin to get better.
So what gets this particular Pinoy down, you ask? Here are just a FEW of them:
- Garci running for Congressman in Bukidnon and using the “Garci” name when he so vehemently denied being “Garci” during the congressional hearings investigating the Gloriagate Scandal
- The seeming impossibility of ever getting an “Anti-Political Dynasty” Bill approved by Congress (and the Senate) given that so many “sister-brother”, “brother-brother”, “mother-son”, “father-son” (you get my drift) teams are running this coming election
- COMELEC approving 20,000 applications for exemption from the Election Gun Ban. What’s the point of having a Gun Ban when you’re going to exempt this many guns in the first place?
- Seeing politicos scraping off their illegal campaign posters and getting media mileage in the process. In effect, they are being rewarded with free airtime for doing a prohibited act.
- And don’t get me started on Manny Pacquiao’s running against Darlene Custodio in Gensan…